May 19, 2009

Paint can fix anything

Paint is a cheap and easy way to refresh and renew old items. It opens up all kinds of opportunities with thrift store finds that may look like junk but can be turned into something fabulous with a little elbow grease and a shiny new color. With a few minutes worth of work, I was able to give all of these things a new life in my home.

First up was our old laundry basket. I liked the red but it was obviously old and worn out, plus it kept leaving red marks on our shelf whenever I pulled it down to sort through the clothing.

I used Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Spray Paint in White and Oatmeal for all of these projects.

Before

After
The inside is an oatmeal color, outside is white. I love how fresh it looks!
Next was a little crock I found at a thrift store for $2.50. I love the look of old stoneware crocks. This one had good bones but it had grandma written all over it. I spray painted it an oatmeal color and it turned out great!

Before

After
Lastly was an urn I found at Value Village for $7.00. I wanted something to freshen up our balcony so I bought an English Boxwood from Home Depot for $5.99 and plan to eventually shape it into a ball topiary.

Before

After

Before having a garage sale or donating your old decor items, see if you can find a new life and a new love for them with a quick coat of paint!

3 comments:

  1. Great job! I love spray paint and do the same thing - you're projects look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...I a little paint can go a long way, you just have to use your imagination! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea about spraying those 'grandma' crocks. Guess you know what I'll be shopping for tomorrow. =0)

    blessings,
    Barbara Jean

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin