Jun 8, 2009

Balcony Makeover

My husband and I live in a small one bedroom apartment. It's a great place as far as apartments go but making it feel like home has been quite a challenge. Here's our newly made-over balcony that offers us a real place to put our feet up and relax. We spent a little under $400 for this makeover and all supplies used (paint, nails etc) were things I already had.

Before



After



I love these chairs! SO comfy! These are from the 2009 Smith & Hawken Marlton Series from Target.

I got this candelier years ago when I worked for Pier 1 Imports. I never had a place to put it until now!

Here's the urn from Value Village I painted a few weeks ago.

I bought the table from a Craigslist seller for $20. The curtains are actually tablecloths from our wedding, my mom and I hemmed them up a bit and I hung them up with clip rings. The candle lanterns were from Khol's and with coupons, I got both of these for $9 total! The seagrass basket was a garage sale find for a whopping $1.00 and all the other accessories were from around my home.


Budget Breakdown
Chairs - $300 on sale
Table - $20
Curtains - free!
Curtain rods - $47 cafe rods from Target
Rug - free (a craigslist find, see how I updated it here)
Accessories - $22

Total = $389

19 comments:

  1. I can't get enough of this sweet little space, I love it!! You did such a fabulous job...can I come over and just sit there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! It has a very peaceful feel to it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely amazing makeover! You did a wonderful job! I covet those chairs at that price!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog on The Nest.

    Your little balcony looks gorgeous! Wish we had something like that to work with at our apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Stopping over from Kimba's. WOW - you did a great job! I bet it is so relaxing to just sit out here and take it all in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! What a great job you did with this balcony! You've made this a true outdoor room. I can just imagine how much you're going to enjoy this room. Thank you so much for sharing it with your readers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first time by your blog! How absolutely adorable this space is. I love the thrifty finds and how you put it all together. Adore the green walls & blue door. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a gorgeous (thrifty!) makeover! Love it!

    I featured it in my Linky Love post today.

    Kimba

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, that is so lovely. You are so creative and talented. And those photos are unbelievable - what camera and/or software do you use ? Stunning !

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute, I never know what to do with my balacony. This would work well for a porch too, thanks for sharing, I think I may have to copy this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful. It looks like a very functional space that you will really enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great space. I'd spend all my time out there with a good book or a stack of magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your thrifty creativity! Thanks for sharing - it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks wonderful! I love those chairs and that rug.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beaitful space!! It looks so much more expensive then what you actually spent!! Love what you did with the rug. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What!?!?! That is fabulous, it looks so beautiful and inviting. Your photos are also stunning!
    Enjoy the space...Janell

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing Balcony Makeover....

    Thanks for Sharing !!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin