Sep 2, 2010

Finish that Project Link Party!

I recently read a book called "Speed Decorating" by Jill Vegas (checked out from my local library), which provides tips on how to find your style and create the atmosphere you want in your home quickly. I'm still having a bit of trouble wrapping my head around re-designing an entire house in 1 week or less (unless you have a truckload of money!) but I know doing a few rooms is definitely something the average Joe can accomplish, especially if you re-purpose and re-use things you already have. If you're selling your house any time soon, this can be a pretty handy book!


One of the tips that really stuck with me though, was: "All you need to do is dive in." She really emphasizes that the point to speed decorating is to stop procrastinating, one of my hugest road-blocks when I'm trying to decorate one of my own rooms, or simply finish a project.

So with that in mind, I'm giving myself a deadline of two weeks to finish up a few things that I started over a year ago, as well as some new projects! We all have things we've been meaning to finish, so I thought it would be fun to host a link-up party (my very first!) and include all of you as well! If you lurk, comment or even if you are a first time visitor here, I'd love to see your handiwork!


The rules are pretty simple, I'll post the link party on Thursday, September 16th, giving you plenty of time (I hope!) to finish up a fabulous project. It can be an entire room, a piece of furniture, or even an accessory - something you've been meaning to get around to. Then, link up your post and share your work with everyone!

Here's a sneak peak of the things I'll be including:

Entryway update:

Re-purposing an old door:


My office:


A chair redo:

Updating urns:


Painting a laminate cabinet:


Be sure to tell your friends and join in the fun! I can't wait to see what everyone has to share!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! I love a deadline!! So let me take a look around here and see what needs some final attention ;-)

    Great idea - hope your first linky party is a SUCCESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea. I have so many projects started but not finished. I'm going to hop on and get myself in gear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin