Sep 4, 2009

I love sewing!

Well so far my $25 sewing machine has been a complete success, I am just thrilled to pieces with it! Remember the teaser picture of the fabric from a few weeks ago? I made some coasters for our glass coffee table (yay no more water rings!). I was so happy with how they turned out I decided to make some for my Etsy shop. I love typography and these were a subtle way to bring it into our living room, and they added some nice texture to our otherwise plain coffee table.



It's been really hard not to buy every kind of fabric I see at Joann's and Calico Corners though, I feel like a whole new avenue has been opened up and my fingers are itching to create! The next project for me is some new pillows!

4 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! Learning how to sew had been on my to-do list forever.... ~K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those coasters are Fabulous!! My mom is coming to give me sewing lessons too soon. It is something I have always wanted to be able to do. So way to go you!! Now I am off to peek in your etsy shop! Your blog is darling!

    Smiles!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! I added your coasters to today's DIY Show Off feature! ;)

    TGIF!
    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin